There are a lot of supplements on the market these days. Supplements are a big business and not just being used by bodybuilders or people serious about fitness anymore. People who you would not picture using various products are taking advantage of the advances in science to try and make themselves stronger and healthier.
That need keeps fueling the industry to produce newer and better products. Of course that can be confusing over time as people have too many options which makes it hard to figure out the best bodybuilding supplements they should be taking.
We have compiled a nice list of the most important supplements every serious bodybuilder should be taking to make things easier in the quest for muscle size.
The Top 5 Size Builders
- Whey Protein – This is number one with a bullet. Protein intake is absolutely vital to muscle growth and whey protein allows you to get a quick burst whenever you need it. A post-workout shake is critical to getting the maximum benefit from the workout and a whey shake absorbs rapidly to fill that need. It can also be nice when you first wake up to give your protein starved system much needed nutrients.
- Creatine – This is a very popular supplement because it actually inflates your muscles, with water. Along with helping cells absorb more water for that fuller look it is a supplement that helps with your energy levels during workouts allowing you to push harder and thus create greater gains.
- BCAA’s – Branch chained amino acids come in at number 3 on this list. While you get them in foods, having them in an easily absorbable form can help with the recovery phase for muscle tissue. When ingested at the proper time they can help make muscle recovery (which means growth) more effective of a process.
- L-Glutamine – This is an essential amino acid that is important for muscle recovery and is another one of the best bodybuilding supplements. If it is not available when needed, the body will take it from muscle tissue. Since you never want additional muscle tissue breakdown, taking this supplement regularly is vital.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil – Even if you eat a lot of fish, this is still a great supplement to take. For the most part people in the U.S. have their ratio of Omega-3 out of whack and need more. Along with promoting a healthy heart, the Omega-3′s are a help to blood circulation and joint lubrication.
These five supplements shouldn’t be looked at as things you might want to take; these are the best bodybuilding supplements for people looking to build a better body. Look at them more as staples or parts of the foundation of a proper overall diet and health program designed to build a stronger, better body.
That means you want to buy a good quality variety of each, learn when to take them for maximum effectiveness, and then consistently follow your plan. By doing this you will greatly increase your body’s ability to repair existing muscle tissue and build bigger and stronger muscle tissue which is what it is all about.