One of the primary reasons people lift weights is for muscle gain. It might not always be to the same degree; bodybuilders obviously are at the high end of the scale compared to a basketball player for example. However the basic premise is the same. So if that is your goal then what are the best supplements you can take to achieve that goal in the fastest manner possible?
Over the past decade supplements have made huge leaps in what they can do to help you reach your maximum gains in the shortest amount of time.
Top 7 Muscle Builders
- Fish Oil – This is one of the best supplements for mass building and general health. Let’s face it, without a good base of general health your body won’t be able to build maximum mass. You never see an unhealthy guy with huge muscles. Fish oil helps with joint health (important for lifting heavy), fighting inflammation and soreness, along with brain and heart health.
- Protein Powder - There are figures all over the place about how much protein you need to build muscle. Regardless of which number you use, it is generally quite a bit more than an average person consumes and it can get hard to physically eat that much each day. But when you start drinking a few servings, complete with the highest value protein that is easily absorbed, then you are on the fast track to muscle gain.
- Creatine - Creatine helps increase strength and allows you to workout harder in your session. Those two factors combined make this possibly the best supplement for muscle gain. More strength equals more weight being lifted which in turn is one of the primary ways to gain muscle size. Working out harder means you get the most out of the workout.
- BCAA’s - Branched chain amino acids are the building blocks your body needs to build and maintain muscle. Having an excess in your system ensures that you always have exactly what is needed to accomplish the goal of muscle gain. If your body is missing essential amino acids then it breaks down muscle tissue to get them which you never want.
- Multi-vitamins – When you are working out hard looking to gain muscle the body generally needs more vitamins and minerals to handle the high level of output. Along with a great diet, adding in a multi-vitamin helps to ensure that you are giving your body enough of what it needs. Better safe than sorry.
- NO2 Boosters – The idea here is to create more blood flow. Why does that make this one of the best supplements? More dilated blood vessels mean a bigger pump, more energy in a workout, better recovery, and enhances the delivery of things like oxygen, nutrients, and water.
- Glutamine - This amino acid is one of the most plentiful in the body and important to muscle function. It aids with muscle growth, reduces muscle fatigue, and boosts the immune system.
If you are looking to gain mass then this is the list of supplements you should be taking. These are the best supplements to support muscle gain and get the absolute most out of all those hours you spend sweating and straining in the gym.